Upon the conclusion of the regular Campbell County Board of Education meeting last evening, the Board unanimously named Dr. David A. Rust as the next superintendent of the Campbell County School District. Dr. Rust has been Director of Academics for the Bellevue Independent School System for the last two years.
Dr. Rust, a graduate of Scott High School in Kenton County, graduated Northern Kentucky University with a Bachelor’s degree in Social Studies Education and his Master’s degree in Instructional Leadership. Dr. Rust graduated with his Doctorate in Educational Leadership from the University of Kentucky.
With 21 years in education, Dr. Rust brings a breadth of experience to our district. He has served as a social studies teacher and assistant principal at Scott High School. From 2003-2007 he served as principal at Ludlow Middle School and later served as principal at R.A. Jones Middle School in Boone County. Dr. Rust has served as Director of Academics for the Bellevue Independent School District since 2014.
Notable trainings for Dr. Rust include:
- Training at the Thinking Strategies Institute, Public Education and Business Coalition (PEBC), Denver Colorado (2015)
- Training at the Leadership Institute for School Principals, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C. (2012)
- Training in Process and Performance Management (PPM) through American Productivity and Quality Center (APQC) (2011)
- Training as a Safe Schools Assessor for the Kentucky Center for Safe Schools (2005)
- Training at the Kentucky Leadership Academy (2003-2005)
- Training on the Principles of Learning Framework and Walkthrough Protocol
Notable Achievements for Dr. Rust include:
- 2014 State Administrator of the Year from Kentucky Music Educators Association
- 2009 Outstanding Business – Education Success Team (BEST, Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce
- 2002, 2001, 1999 Kenton County Champions of Learning – Teacher Selection
Currently, Dr. Rust resides in Independence with his wife, Stacy and his four children; Kyler (12), Ashlyn (10), Danton (7) and Garrett (5). He will start work for the district on July 1st.