NOTE: BUS ROUTE AND SHUTTLE INFORMATION IS BEST REVIEWED TWO (2) WEEKS PRIOR TO THE START OF SCHOOL AND THROUGHOUT THE SCHOOL YEAR. ROUTING AND BUS INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AS ADDITIONS OR REMOVALS TO STUDENT RIDERSHIP AND BUS ASSIGNMENTS ARE ADJUSTED.
This page contains the following information:
- Parent Guardian Information 2020-21
- School Boundary Map
- Bus Route Information
- Department Contacts
- Field Trips
- Limited Transportation
- Best Practice for a Safe Bus Ride
- Keeping Information Up-to-Date
- Note for Kindergarten Parents
- Note for Preschool Parents
- Employment Opportunities
Please refer to each section for details.
Parent/Guardian Transportation Information For 2020-21
We are working very hard to prepare for transportation during the 20-21 school year. Please know that we are putting the following standard practices in place to ensure the health and safety of all involved:
ROUTING PRACTICES: Routing is being adjusted to reflect only students who ride the bus.
- Campbell County Schools is operating on a hybrid schedule. Students are assigned an “A” day (Monday, Tuesday) or “B” day (Thursday, Friday) session for face-to-face instruction.
- Only CCS Kindergarten is in session on Wednesdays. Parochial transportation will be limited on Wednesdays to only roads we travel on that day for St. Joseph, St. Peter & Paul and St. Philip. Student pick-up/drop-off for these parochial schools must be along an established bus route to receive bus service. No Wednesday transportation is provided for St. Mary and Bishop Brossart due to busing schedule.
- ROUTING AND TIMING ADJUSTMENTS ARE BEING MADE. OUR TRADITIONAL E-LINK METHOD OF REVIEWING BUS TIMES WILL NOT BE ACCURATE AND DRIVERS WILL CONTACT PARENTS/GUARDIANS WITH APPROXIMATE TIMES BEFORE THE START OF SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS THEY TRANSPORT. THEY WILL ALSO REPORT ANY CHANGES IN BUS NUMBER.
- CCHS and CCMS buses are not utilizing shuttles (more details below) and will be traveling to both the middle and high school.
- Buses shall be disinfected/sanitized between routes.
- For reasons listed above, buses may be delayed the first few days as we work through this process. Please be patient as we make every attempt to ensure the safety of our staff and students.
- Bus chart/wave assignments soon available on our district website (www.campbellcountyschools.org) under transportation.
OPERATING PRACTICES: We are requesting your assistance and support by discussing and reinforcing with your children the following procedures:
- Parents/Guardians are encouraged to take their student’s temperatures before they go to the bus stop. Children exhibiting a fever, or other health concerns, should be kept at home.
- Maintain social distancing to the extent possible at each bus stop.
- Employees will also conduct a health self-assessment prior to reporting to work. Please note that if we experience many employee absences on a given day, it may have an impact on busing for your child.
- Student temperatures will be taken when loading the bus or at the school prior to entering the school. These are being conducted with an infrared, contactless (forehead scan) thermometer which conducts a one second temperature measurement. Any temperature above 100.4 will be referred to the school nurse and parents/guardians will be contacted.
- All students in grades K-12 shall wear a mask unless there is a documented health condition (provided to the school nurse) that prevents them from wearing one. Please review the document on how the mask is to be worn appropriately (under printable forms).
- Hand sanitizer will be available on the bus. Students will utilize hand sanitizer when loading the bus.
- ALL STUDENTS will have an assigned bus seat.
- NO BUS PASSES WILL BE ACCEPTED. STUDENTS MUST BE ON THE BUS ROSTER IN ORDER TO RECEIVE TRANSPORTATION.
- To the extent possible, students will load the bus in the mornings from back to front (exception for kindergarten and preschool) and unload from front to back. Please reinforce to your children to stay seated when unloading until the driver or monitor indicates they can unload.
- We will be increasing the circulation of outdoor air as much as possible, such as opening windows and roof hatches to the degree recommended by the Kentucky Department for Public Health.
- Shuttles where students are mixed together will not be utilized during this re-opening period. Buses will travel to both schools for middle and high school to unload their respective students.
- Parochial students at St. Mary and Bishop Brossart will have a stand-alone assigned bus that will transport them from CCMS, CCHS to their respective schools in the AM. They will also have an assigned stand-alone bus that will transport them from their school to CCMS, CCHS in the PM. St. Joes students that have historically utilized a transfer bus will still have an individually assigned bus in the AM from Crossroads to St. Joes and PM from St. Joes to Crossroads
School Boundary Map
- A district boundary map to guide you in determining which school a student is to attend. Please select this option to the right, under the heading "Boundaries."
Bus Route Information
- e-Link is a secure, web-based portal for parents/guardians and school staff to obtain bus stop information for their children. To check the bus stop and times for your student, please click HERE to login with your credentials (Login ID: student's unique state ID number; Password: date of birth).
- Note, this information is from a database - this is NOT a real-time GPS application.
- Bus stop times are approximate; students should always arrive at their designated stop at least 5 minutes in advance and be visible to the driver.
- Select Department Contacts under Documents
- For field trip information, click HERE
- To submit a request for a bus/district vehicle, click HERE
- At times circumstances may require deviation from an established bus route. This may occur when road conditions are not favorable or are inaccessible. Limited Transportation is established in order to assist efforts to ensure school remains in session despite such conditions.
- To see if your street if affected by the Limited Transportation plan, select the link "Limited Transportation" to the right, under the heading "Inclement Weather."
- If your street is not listed, then it is NOT affected by the Limited Transportation plan.
Best Practice For a Safe Bus Ride
- Riders are to be at their bus stop at least 5 minutes prior to their scheduled pick up time, route times may vary due to weather and traffic conditions.
- A SCHOOL BUS IS NOT REQUIRED and WILL NOT SIT AND WAIT FOR RIDERS WHO ARE NOT AT THEIR DESIGNATED STOP. Buses are running on a very tight time frame and must continue on the route if the riders are not present.
- Due to nature of potential allergy and health conditions of varying students and the fact a bus is a small, enclosed environment, NO FOOD OR DRINK (OTHER THAN WATER) IS PERMITTED ON ANY SCHOOL BUS.
- Riders are to remain seated while the bus is in motion.
- Riders are to wait for the bus to come to a complete stop and the bus driver signals it is ok to enter or exit the bus.
- Misconduct on a bus will not be tolerated. If you witness or experience any misbehavior, please notify one or more of the following: the bus driver, a teacher, a school administrator, or report it under the anonymous tip line (please select S.T.O.P.! Safety Tipline" from the top of the district home page).
- Any transportation change in a child's regularly assigned bus pick-up/drop-off location must come through the school's office where a one day bus pass will be issued to the student. If your child does not have this Transportation Pass, the bus driver will not permit the child on the bus.
- For grades 1-12, please have a plan in place in the event there is not a parent/guardian at home when your child is dropped off in the afternoon
Keeping Information Up-to-Date
In order to provide our students with safe, efficient transportation to and from school, it is vital that we have the most current and accurate information for your household. Parents/Guardians are asked to call the Campbell County Schools Transportation Department at (859)635-2161 each time there is a change in the information below. This should also be done at the school level. This process assists our district in ensuring each student is delivered to and picked up from the correct address in a timely fashion.
Please keep us up-to-date with the following:
- Home and/or mobile phone number(s)
- Emergency contact names and phone numbers
- Childcare provider information, if applicable
Note for Kindergarten Parents/Guardians/Authorized Persons Receiving Students
Our bus drivers must make eye contact for ALL Kindergarten students with a parent/guardian/authorized person before they are permitted to exit the bus. If no eye contact is made the child is returned to their school. A Kindergarten student may be released with an older sibling only when written permission is on file with the Transportation Department AND the Director of Transportation has reviewed and approved the circumstances. Several factors are considered when making this determination. The request may or may not be approved. These requirements are to improve student safety.
Note for Pre-School Parents/Guardians/Authorized Persons Receiving Students
Our bus drivers may only release Pre-School age students directly to a parent/guardian/authorized person at the bus stop and require hand-to-hand contact from the Bus Monitor to the authorized person. If no-one is at the bus stop to directly receive the Pre-School student from the bus, the child will be returned to school. Per Board of Education Policy, if a student is returned to school 3 times, at that point the parent/guardian may be responsible for transportation. These requirements are to improve student safety.
Bus Drivers & Monitors
Campbell County Schools Transportation Department is searching for applicants to join our professional team of school bus drivers and monitors delivering the future. We are committed to doing “Whatever It Takes” to provide safe and efficient transportation for all students.
Please click this link for additional information.