Director of Student Services
Secretary of Special Education and Student Services
ESSENTIAL ENROLLMENT INFORMATION
State law requires children between the ages of 6 and 18 to attend school. Any child who turns 5 years old on or before August 1 is eligible for the Primary School Program (beginning with Kindergarten). In addition, preschool is available for eligible children with developmental challenges (ages 3 and 4) and/or economic challenges (age 4 by August 1st). If you have questions about preschool, please call our Director of Special Education and Preschool at 859-635-2173.
How to Enroll
Please schedule an appointment at your child’s school to register and enroll (use the street list located on the CCS Transportation webpage to determine your child’s school based on address). During this appointment, the parent or legal guardian must provide the forms and information listed below.
- Proof of Residency - street address which may include utility bills to the parent/guardian, rental/lease/purchase contracts, etc. (note: residency must be established in order to enroll)
- Kentucky Immunization Certificate - parents/guardians get this form from their health care provider or from the Health Department
- Official Birth Certificate
- Medical Examination
- Preschool and Kindergarten: All children enrolling in preschool or kindergarten must have a physical examination performed within one year prior to their admission. This examination must be recorded on the school medical examination form and may be obtained from any Campbell County School.
- Middle School: All children enrolling in 6th grade must have a physical examination within one year prior to entry into 6th grade. This examination must be recorded on the school medical examination form.
- Free Lunch Form (when appropriate)
- Transcript, report card, and/or other academic records from prior school(s)
- Dental Screening Form – due Jan 1st of the school year for ages 5 and 6
- Eye Examination Form – due Jan 1st of the first school year that a child ages 3-6 is enrolled
Students should be enrolled at their school before the first day for students. If a student withdraws from school, it is important to enroll them at their new school immediately.
Contact your child’s school with any questions or contact the Student Services Department at the Central Office: 859-635-2173.