As part of our English-language arts course, CCMS designed a summer reading program that all CCMS students participate in each summer to aid our students in understanding the following:
• Reading can be an enjoyable pastime.
• People read for pleasure, not just to acquire information.
• Reading is a skill that improves with practice.
• Reading can be a family activity; families in which parents read inspire children to read.
• Reading is fundamental in providing a solid basis for academic achievement.
We are asking that all CCMS students read a minimum of one novel or book this summer that is at the appropriate reading level of that student. Your student’s English-Language Arts teacher will be providing the necessary materials for students to begin this fantastic opportunity, but we are also providing these documents to you electronically via the links below. Please feel free to contact any member of the CCMS ELA department for further questions (Note: summer break starts June 11 for CCMS faculty and the checking of school email may be sporadic).
Summer Reading Log
Suggested Reading List