The primary purpose of the area technology center is to serve high school students by enhancing and expanding student career options that lead to continuation of education at the postsecondary level and/or successful employment upon graduation from high school.
The role of the area technology center is vital in the overall scheme of economic development and provides an additional avenue for business and industry personnel to be trained.
- Provide technical skills training to secondary students that leads to successful post high school transition
- Enhance career exploration options for secondary students
- Collaborate with local school districts to enhance the educational growth of all students. Respond to the training needs of business and industry for the community
- Become an Area Center for Excellence to continually improve quality technical education for life long learning
|Key Services for High School Students
- Technical education programs for secondary students
- Hands-on training in program areas
- Student placement assistance, as well as cooperative education, clinicals, internship and practicum experiences
|Key Services for Employers
- Customized training programs to train new workers or re-train experienced workers for specific, industry-requested jobs
- Identification of training needs for companies and effective ways to meet those needs
- Flexible curriculum design and training arrangements
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
KY TECH Campbell County Area Technology Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, or marital status in admission to career and technical education programs and/or activities, or employment practices in accordance with Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 Revised 1992, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The programs offered at Campbell County Area Technology Center include:
For more information contact:
Mr. Dan Franzen
Campbell County Area Technology Center
909 Camel Crossing
Alexandria, KY 41001