Dr. David Rust
I am pleased to welcome you back to Campbell County Schools for the opening of the 2017-18 school year. This has been a busy but productive summer as district and school staffs have worked to prepare for our students’ arrival! Campbell County School District has spent that last several years operating on the cutting edge of innovation and the 2017-18 school year is no different. With an eye toward the future, great things are in store for the students and families of Campbell County.
Campbell County Schools will continue a tradition of excellence this school year while raising the bar with the following initiatives:
Continued High Level Instruction: Campbell County Schools historically provides one of the top quality educations in the country and the 17-18 school year promises to do the same by implementing the following:
- One to One laptop computers for all CCHS students with individualized learning pathways and opportunities for blended learning.
- Expanded dual credit and early college opportunities.
- Expanded gifted education services with a full time gifted teacher.
Increased Workforce Development: With a mission of preparing students for college, career and life, CCS is committed to comprehensive workforce development with:
- A focus on developing student efficacy - the belief in one's capabilities to carry out, organize and perform a task successfully in an ever-changing workforce.
- Expanded opportunities for career shadowing, mentoring, internships and business partnerships.
- The addition of 2 career pathways to include computer integrated manufacturing and computer science.
Expanded Student, Family and Community Services: CCS is proud to provide a quality education focused on developing the whole child. This will continue to grow this year with the following:
- Implementation of the 5 Million Dollar National Institute of Justice Comprehensive School Safety Grant.
- Addition of two district-wide school based mental health specialists and a student well-being coordinator.
Premium Staff Development: In an effort to continue to grow the stellar staff of CCS, the following professional learning opportunities are in place for the year:
- Intensive global focus on the results from the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) Test for Schools
- Fostering resilient learners through trauma sensitive instructional strategies
- Professional learning capitalizing on effective teacher leadership.
We have much to celebrate and much to be proud of as we begin the 2017-18 school year. From academic excellence and championship athletics to state-of-the-art facilities and cutting edge technology, Campbell County Schools remains on the forefront of K-12 education. I look forward to another successful school year!
Dr. David A. Rust