Bus Drivers Wanted
Campbell County Schools Transportation Department is searching for applicants to join our professional team of school bus drivers delivering the future. We are committed to doing “Whatever It Takes” to provide safe and efficient transportation for all students.
Please click this link for additional information.
This section contains information on the following:
- School Boundary Assignments
- Bus Routes
- Limited Transportation
- Bus Rules
- Keeping Information Up to Date
- Notes for Kindergarten Parents
- Notes for Preschool Parents
Please read each section.
School Boundary Assignments
- A street listing to determine which school to attend. Please select this option to the right.
- Bus routes are listed by each school individually. Please refer to the links on the right.
- Limited Transportation is established in order to assist our efforts to have school when many of the bus turn arounds - streets are not in favorable condition.
- Select the PDF file to the Right to see if your street is affected by Limited Transportation.
- If your street is not listed, then you are NOT affected by Limited Transportration.
- *Information on routing times are approximate.
- Riders are to be at their bus stop at least 5 minutes prior to the scheduled pick up time.
- Routes will vary at times due to the number of riders, weather conditions, and traffic conditions.
- A SCHOOL BUS IS NOT REQUIRED and WILL NOT SIT AND WAIT FOR RIDERS WHO ARE NOT AT THEIR DESIGNATED STOP.
- Buses are running on a very tight time frame and must continue on the route if the riders are not present.
- NO FOOD OR DRINK IS PERMITTED ON ANY SCHOOL BUS.
- Due to nature of potential allergy and health conditions of varying students and the fact a bus is a small, enclosed enviroment, No food or drink is permitted on school buses.
- Remain seated while bus is in motion.
- Wait for the bus to come to a completed stop and the bus driver signals it is ok to enter or exit the bus.
- Misconduct on a bus will not be tolerated. If you witness or experience any misbehavior, please notify one or more of the following: the bus driver, a teacher, a school administrator, or report it under the anonymous tip line (please select School Safety from the Parent/Student menu tab).
Keep Your Information Up-to-Date
We are constantly trying to update our student records here at the bus garage. Parents are asked to call the Campbell County Schools Bus Garage at 859-635-2161 to see if we have their child's correct information in our transportation software system.
Parents need to provide us and keep us up-to-date with the following:
- Home / Cell Phone
- Emergency contact names and phone numbers
- Changes in daycare
- Even if a child does not ride a bus to and from school, they still ride occasionally because of a field trip. In the event of an emergency, we need to know who to contact.
NOTE for Kindergarten Parents
Our bus drivers must make eye contact for ALL Kindergarten students with a parent/guardian/authorized adult before they are permitted to exit the bus. If no eye contact is made the child is returned to their school. A Kindergarten student may be released with an older sibling, but written permission must be on file with the Transportation Department. We really appreciate your help with this important matter.
NOTE for Pre-School Parents
Our bus drivers may only release Pre-School age students directly to a parent/guardian/authorized adult at the door side of the bus. If no-one is at the bus stop to directly receive the Pre-School student from the bus, the child will be returned to school. Per Board of Education Policy, if a student is returned to school 3 times, then the parent/guardian will be responsible for transportation. We really appreciate your help with this important matter.