This page contains the following information:
- School Boundary Assignment
- Bus Routes
- Field Trips
- Limited Transportation
- Bus Rules
- Keeping Information Up-to-Date
- Note for Kindergarten Parents
- Note for Preschool Parents
- Employment Opportunities
Please refer to each section for details.
School Boundary Assignment
- A street-by-street listing to determine which school a student is to attend. Please select this option to the right, under the heading "Boundaries."
- Bus routes are listed by school name via the links to the right, under the heading "2017-18 Busing Information." Each link includes a street-by-street listing of each bus stop location and bus number.
- For field trip information and bus requests, click HERE
- At times circumstances may require deviation from an established bus route. This may occur when road conditions are not favorable and/or when a bus' turn-around locations are inaccessible. Limited Transportation is established in order to assist efforts to ensure school remains in session despite such conditions, to a reasonable degree.
- To see if your street if affected by the Limited Transportation plan, select the link "Limited Transportation" to the right, under the heading "2017-18 Busing Information."
- If your street is not listed, then it is NOT affected by the Limited Transportation plan.
* Information on routing times are approximate.
- Riders are to be at their bus stop at least 5 minutes prior to the scheduled pick up time.
- Routes will vary at times due to the number of riders, weather conditions, and traffic conditions.
- A SCHOOL BUS IS NOT REQUIRED and WILL NOT SIT AND WAIT FOR RIDERS WHO ARE NOT AT THEIR DESIGNATED STOP.
- Buses are running on a very tight time frame and must continue on the route if the riders are not present.
- Due to nature of potential allergy and health conditions of varying students and the fact a bus is a small, enclosed environment, NO FOOD OR DRINK IS PERMITTED ON ANY SCHOOL BUS.
- Riders are to remain seated while the bus is in motion.
- Riders are to wait for the bus to come to a completed stop and the bus driver signals it is ok to enter or exit the bus.
- Misconduct on a bus will not be tolerated. If you witness or experience any misbehavior, please notify one or more of the following: the bus driver, a teacher, a school administrator, or report it under the anonymous tip line (please select "School Safety" from the Parent/Student menu tab).
Keeping Information Up-to-Date
In order to provide our students with safe, efficient transportation to and from school, it is vital that we have the most current and accurate information for your household. Parents/Guardians are asked to call the Campbell County Schools Transportation Department at (859)635-2161 each time there is a change in the information below. This will assist us in ensuring each student is delivered to and picked up from the correct address in a timely fashion.
Please keep us up-to-date with the following:
- Home and/or mobile phone number(s)
- Emergency contact names and phone numbers
- Childcare provider information, if applicable
* Even if a student does not ride a bus to and from school, they still ride occasionally for field trips and/or sporting events. In the event of an emergency, we need to know who to contact.
Note for Kindergarten Parents
Our bus drivers must make eye contact for ALL Kindergarten students with a parent/guardian/authorized adult before they are permitted to exit the bus. If no eye contact is made the child is returned to their school. A Kindergarten student may be released with an older sibling only when written permission is on file with the Transportation Department AND the Director of Transportation has reviewed and approved the circumstances. We really appreciate your help with this important matter.
Note for Pre-School Parents
Our bus drivers may only release Pre-School age students directly to a parent/guardian/authorized adult at the door side of the bus. If no-one is at the bus stop to directly receive the Pre-School student from the bus, the child will be returned to school. Per Board of Education Policy, if a student is returned to school 3 times, at that point the parent/guardian will be responsible for transportation. We really appreciate your help with this important matter.
Bus Drivers & Monitors
Campbell County Schools Transportation Department is searching for applicants to join our professional team of school bus drivers and monitors delivering the future. We are committed to doing “Whatever It Takes” to provide safe and efficient transportation for all students.
Please click this link for additional information.